So a lot has gone on the last week or so and I haven't had much a chance to blog about it. Thursday last week I decided to start spring cleaning and came across a plastic tote I had packed when I was going to move. It had things in it like a router, hard drive, an old laptop, my gamecube and wii in it. Apparently Tyr decided it was his box and decided to mark it...a lot. I went to unpack it and there was a puddle in the bottom of the bin. I was freaking furious! So I called my friend Beth and she helped me to get his shots and fixed. I was hoping he would get a cone for his head so I could mock him endlessly. Took him to the vet on Wednesday and left him overnight and picked him up yesterday. It was strange Wednesday to not hear random mewing late at night trying to figure out what room I was in. He seemed scared till I got him home and he slept most the day, but he cuddled with me so I guess he forgives me. He slept most of the day yesterday. I hope it solves the problem so he doesn't have to become an outside cat.
Awwww...poor kitty!
The same day Tyr pissed me off I ended up getting a kidney stone. I was a little frustrated because I called my Dr, who knows I get them, and he wouldn't send me any medicine for it. I rarely take painkillers cause they make me sick but people have abused it so much that they won't prescribe them when I need them. I don't have insurance and can't afford to go to the ER, I wanted to just deal with it at home. I took Matt to work and came home to a phone call saying that since I didn't go to their office, they wouldn't give me anything and I had to go to the ER. So I doped up on ibuprofen, drank as much water as I could and went back and forth between napping/distracting myself.
Friday, I worked with my chickens quite a bit, worked with my foster dogs and just hung out outside a lot. The Saturday before I had went to a small animal swap meet and picked up some more chickens. So I now have 13 chickens total. I have my 3 Bantys from before and now I have 6 Buff Orpington chicks and 4 Ameraucana chicks. They get a lot bigger than the Bantys so I won't have to worry about hawks as much as I do now and they will lay normal sized eggs instead of tiny ones.
Amerucana and a few Buffs (the buffs are the yellow ones) I'm almost positive this one is a roo
Amerucana
Buff and Amerucana they are a week old
The Bantys lay little brown eggs and I've had over a full dozen that were laid so far and I've been eating them. So much better than store bought eggs and I know what my chickens eat so I don't have to worry about chemicals in my eggs. My new chicks will lay pretty cool eggs. The Buffs will lay full sized brown eggs but the Ameraucanas will lay multicolored eggs: blue, green, reddish, brownish and white! Should be fun. I'm really getting into the chicken thing. It's a lot easier than I thought it'd be and they are fun to watch.
Amerucana Eggs
Oh and here's a few pictures of my Bantys. The chicks have grown up fast and my rooster is super duper pretty.
My hen and chicks
My Roo, he's gotten so pretty~ I've decided to name him Rufio
After being outside all day, I take a break and get online for a little while and my brother pops on FB messenger and asks if I want to go to the race in Charlotte with him because he won tickets for the Sunday race. It was kinda short notice, caught me off guard and financially I'm not in great condition so I told him I don't think I can. He said too late that he was getting me anyway and I had to deal with it. I'm glad though, I needed a break from life for a while and I really love spending time with my brother. I don't get to see him often enough and we have fun together. So Sunday morning he came and picked me up around noon and we headed from the house straight to the track. The drive there was pretty entertaining. We talked about random bigfoot encounters in NC and VA. He mentioned a sighting down there and I told him about the local one in Saltville, they call the Wood Booger. The names country folk come up with for things endlessly entertains me. Then going down the mountain we were listening to some pastor on the radio and giggling as he complained about the government. He was overdoing it a little.
NC Bigfoot TV Coverage
The video for the ferocious Wood Booger of Saltville
The race was pretty boring, in 600 miles there wasn't a single wreck and the only cautions were from just trash being on the track. We had fun watching drunk rednecks and mocking them. The Prerace stuff was pretty cool. Since it was memorial day, they had a lot of soldiers from Fort Bragg there with parachutes and a band. They did a 21 gun salute with cannons, there was a massive flag and they did a flyover with a B52. I enjoyed that a ton.
Charlotte Motor Speedway
21 Gun Salute with cannons!
Oooooooo shiny.....
Giant Flag with B52 in the distance
B52 Flyover
Starting Lap
Panorama from my seat
Eric heckled this guy all night, I guess he doesn't like this driver
Winner! Yay burnout (probably the most action the whole race! lol)
After the race we went to eat and he asked where I wanted to go. Since I live in the middle of freaking nowhere I was like STEAK AND SHAKE!!! So we headed back to Mooresville to go to eat. I got the biggest turtle shake they had, it was so awesome. We met a couple of Canadian guys that had went to the race there and talked to them while we ate and then headed back to Erics house to get some sleep so he could run me home.
I had to eat it quick, I was afraid he'd try to get it from me.
The next morning, I packed up my stuff and we headed out. Stopped at Sheetz on the way out of town, another place I love that they don't have here, for some breakfast. We were going to take the scenic way back to my house, which usually takes just a little bit longer than what it usually does. Eric wanted to stop on the way to show me where he goes fishing because he said it was really pretty there, so we headed to Wilsons Creek. Stopped in Lenoir on the way through, which I found amusing. One of my friends I used to play Final Fantasy XI that I lost contact with when I quit playing lived in that town.
Wilsons Creek is really pretty. There was lots of places to climb on, a ghost town and fallen trestles from a train track, water everywhere and lots of fish. I loved it. Being out in nature always makes me feel more balanced and happy. I'm definitely going to come back here sometime.
Wilsons Creek
Eric
Me
Wilsons Creek
Abandoned Mill in the Ghost Town
If you look really close you can see trout! The water was so clear.
So after this, our goal was to make it to the Blue Ridge Parkway and head to Boone and then home. Shouldn't have taken more than a couple hours. We ended up driving around dirt switchback roads for hours. We got a little bit lost... It was fun though. I haven't had an adventure in a long time and it was nice to get out and not have phone signal and just get lost in the woods. We would stop when we saw things we thought were pretty. We stopped at waterfalls we thought were neat and whenever we found something interesting. We scampered around on rocks like little kids while trying to get to waterfalls. At one point, we played with crayfish in one of the rock pools we found while climbing the mountain.
We eventually made it to the Blue Ridge Parkway and home. The normally 3 hour trip ended taking 8 hours. But I loved it and I hope I can play with my brother again soon. It was a break I needed.
Erics car is covered in dust from the dirt roads.
Look at all the dust!
Entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway! Finally!
Lake on the Blue Ridge Parkway
Overlook
Blue Ridge Parkway from the overlook.
Overlook
Overlook
Exiting the Blue Ridge Parkway and heading to Boone
As far as gaming goes, I've been playing WoW a lot still. I play a little with Diablo III but I just can't get into it like I thought I would be able to. I like it but, I dunno. I guess I get bored easy. I play Rock Band with my friend Beth a lot too.
In WoW I've been working on my Jewelcrafting still with my Draenei DK. I have been doing dailies to be able to buy new recipes. It's crazy how much money you make after you get it leveled and start getting the good recipes. I also got my seagull pet from Tol Barad, finally!
I've also been leveling my Druid alongside Unclebigbad a Rogue, and a good friend of mine. We've been running dungeons at night when he gets off work and is free. Finally got our characters above level 30. I don't know what kinda crafting I'm going to do with this character. I know he's addicted to skinning and likes fishing, so we fish while waiting for dungeons. I've been enjoying Druid quite a bit. I've done both tanking, which is new to me, and DPS. I kinda missed tanking. Haven't really done much of it since my Warrior Mithra on FFXI (DUAL WIELD FTW LYALL <3). I had my main spec set as feral, since I already knew how to play a feral druid. When I hit 30 I added balance as my secondary spec and I've been trying my hand at Boomkin form. I know I wouldn't make it as a resto druid with my attention span, so I'm staying away from healing. People will seriously die. So far I find it interesting, but I need to work out some details with it. I'm not doing as much damage as I'd like with my Boomkin. Soon though, I'll be squishing everyone!
Sorry this blog is so long. I've been putting it off for a couple weeks where I've been so busy. I'll try to update it more often so my entries are shorter from here on out. Still trying to get used to blogging.
No comments:
Post a Comment