I've gotten frustrated with the job market lately. It seems I can't even get an interview right now, which is odd for me. I have a lot of experience but it's hard to find anything that isn't minimum wage. So I've been spending a lot of time working on my farm, with my garden and chickens. My garden is finally starting to explode, I have squash flowers finally starting to pop out. My friend is a few weeks ahead of me in his garden and I'm already getting some of his extra squash. I've been eating a lot of it and fresh eggs. I love that in summer I can be mostly vegetarian, since that's how I tend to naturally eat anyway.
My chicks are starting to get bigger and spending the day outside now. Jeff and Matt built them a run so they could have some more space and go outside a lot more. Before they were staying mostly in their brooder, under a heat lamp. Now they are only in it at night. In a couple weeks I'll be able to introduce them to the others and combine the flocks. I've been keeping them next to each other when they are outside, so they won't be completely strange to each other when they get mixed. I've been amused a little too. My rooster, I named him Rufio, has decided to finally start to crow. He apparently does the cockadoodle part but can't finish the last doo. Sounds like he tries too hard and runs out of air. It's pretty entertaining. I went up during the week to bring them down into the yard and opened up their house and was greeted by a loud cockadoodle. Makes me giggle.
 |
| They are getting bigger :) The white one is my favorite so far, her name is Hedwig. She'll sleep in my hand! |
 |
| Stretching their wings and basking in the sun |
 |
| Running loose in the yard |
 |
| Chicks run beside the bigger chickens |
I've been babysitting quite a bit lately. It gives me a little extra money and helps out. I was already watching my friend Jeff and Beths daughter and now I'll be watching my friend TJs daughter when he needs me as well. I watched her on Thursday and it looks like I'll be doing that more often. I don't mind though, I enjoy spending time playing with them. Gives me a break from sitting in the house all day, bored out of my mind.
 |
| Found in a book while babysitting. Did you know Schrodingers Cat had a Hitler Stash? |
Friday I went to cash my check for babysitting in Damascus, a town nearby. Matt and I were talking and I decided to look up how far away Backbone Rock was. I haven't been there since I was a little kid and I always assumed it was pretty far away. Looking on the map I realized it was only like 8 miles away, if that. So we took a detour on the way home and went to hangout by the river for a while. I like being in nature, it makes me feel relaxed. I kinda go into little kid mode though. I was climbing across rocks in the water, skipping rocks and trying to catch crayfish. I'm a terror to crayfish everywhere!






As far as gaming, I've been playing WoW and Rock Band 3 mostly. I like to try to beat my friends scores in RB3 every once in a while for fun. On WoW I've been working on getting more gem recipes. I've been making quite a bit of money doing it lately. I also finally got my bird mount from Darkmoon Faire. I played a lot of Alterac Valley last weekend and got all my major season 11 PVP gear as well. At one point I got sucked into an Arena match, which didn't last long with my lack of experience. Being part of a Arena team I've been getting Conquest Points as well.
The other day I was hanging out trying to figure out something to do and my GM asked if anyone wanted to do some of the old heroic dungeons so I decided to join in for fun and for some Valor Points. Little did I know they were actually going to drag me into Heroic End Time and Heroic Well of Eternity. I walked into the instance, not knowing what to expect and died quick. I ended up having to run and grab my headset to get on vent so they could guide me a little with the bosses. It was a lot of fun and I got some good gear but holy crap... Normal heroics make me a little nervous. Trolls made me nervous, I only ever really did them with the GDI. I never messed with the new heroic dungeons so I didn't know what to expect. They let me need on a couple awesome tanking helms and a trinket, so I changed my secondary spec from unholy to blood. I need to gather some equipment and get this going and learn to tank with my DK. I was pretty proud of myself though during those runs. I only died that first time in the beginning. Otherwise I stayed alive and didn't do too bad with my DPS. I expected to die a whole lot more.
 |
| This was a bit intimidating. They were like yeah don't let the demons hit you or you'll die. I was just O_O; |
 |
| She's pretty~ |
 |
| O_O; |
Unclebigbad and I have been playing a lot in Darkmoon Faire and doing a lot of fishing dailies. We need to start running dungeons again but we've been hanging out and having fun this week. I got a sweet fishing pole and a crab pet on my alt from doing fishing dailies with him. It's been relaxing. Next week, back to dungeoning!
 |
| Weeeeeee~~~ |
 |
| I keep my Moonkin handy, incase he goes AFK. I like to run up and randomly air hump him so it's the first thing he sees when he gets back. |
No comments:
Post a Comment